• Fall contains the end of baseball season and the beginning of football season. Compare and contrast the end of baseball season with the beginning of football season.
• In farming, one plants in the spring and harvests in the fall. In school, one plants in the fall and harvests in the spring. Compare and contrast these.
• Fall weather is different in different parts of the country – compare the fall weather where you live to the fall weather in a different part of the county.
• Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere vs. Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere.
• Fall is considered the opposite of spring. Compare and contrast these two seasons.
• Fall vs. Autumn – What’s the Deal?
Maybe we will get used to this new England, and—like the very young and recently migrated—take it for granted that April is the time for shorts and sandals, or that the New Year traditionally announces itself with a biblical flood. They say there will be butterflies appearing in new areas, and birds visiting earlier and leaving later—perhaps that will be interesting, and new, and not, necessarily, worse. Maybe we are misremembering the past! The Thames hasn’t frozen over for generations, and the dream of a White Christmas is only a collective Dickensian delusion. Besides, wasn’t it always a wet country?